Friday, October 26, 2007

Barley Soup

I must have been smoking something when I originally posted this in February. I had it written down somewhere else and made it from the posted recipe last night for the first time and it was WRONG. It still turned out okay, but not nearly as good as it should. My apologies to anyone who made the old recipe! Without further ado, here is the REAL barley soup recipe!

*************************************

8 cups water
½ cup barley
½ tsp salt
2 bay leaves
8 tsp beef boullion
Bring to boil for 30 minutes

1 onion, chopped
1 lb. carrots chopped
Cook 5 minutes

2/3 head of celery
1 can stewed tomatoes, pulsed
{if you want to make this non-vegetarian, you can brown 1 lb. sausage, drain and add here}
Cook 10 minutes

Serve with cheese (I like grated parmesan, Matt likes cojack) and rolls.

2 comments:

Lisa Lou said...

I had this at your parents house over christmas and I loved it!!

January said...

I actually use more beef boullion crystals for a little stronger flavor. It is yummy!