Thursday, January 22, 2009

La Madeleine`s Strawberries Romanov

Have you been to La Madeleine's? Its a yummy place and my little sister LOVES their Strawberries Romanov, she gets it almost every time we go and savors ever minute of it. We found the recipe and low and behold it has brandy in it! Who would have thought? But, I am sure you could substitute the brandy with an extract or just leave it out. I also use this as a topping on German Puffy Pancakes (without the brandy). This says it will serve 2 but I bet Lindsey would argue that it will only serve her!

Ingredients:


1 cup strawberries, hulled and rinsed
1/2 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon brandy



Directions:
Just before serving, rinse berries and trim stems with a paring knife. Mix remaining ingredients and let stand for 2 to 3 minutes.

Put berries in stemmed wine glass and top with sauce.

1 comment:

Monica H said...

I love their strawberries romanov! I have a questrion for you though: Does it actually taste like the real thing? Because I've seen recipes calling for whipping cream and powdered sugar, yours is for sour cream and brown sugar. Which do you think is more accurate?

Any comments would be helpful, thanks :-)

stillhopeful[dot]monica[at]yahoo[dot]com