Sunday, January 25, 2009

Honey LIme Chicken Enchiladas

This is my new favorite mexican dish! Sweet and spicy at the sime time so different!

6 TB honey
5 TB lime suice ( 1 large lime)
1 TB chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt

3 chicken breasts
Montreal steak seasoning ( packets sold by taco seasoning, etc)
1 can black beans
8-10 flour tortillas
1 lb monterey jack cheese, shredded
16 oz green enchilada sauce
1 Cup heavy cream ( or whole milk)

Mix first four ingredients together and set aside. Place chicken in a saute pan and season with half package of montreal seasoning, and cook till almost done, add honee lime mixture to chicken pan and shred chicken. saute until Chicken is completely cooked.

Pour half of enchilada sauce on bottom of 9 x 13 dish Filll flour tortillas with chicken beans, and cheese, save some cheese for top. mix the reamaining enchilada sauce with the cream and leftover sauces from the chicken. Pour sauce on top of enchiladas ( they will be swimming in liquid its okay) and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 350 for 20-30 min until brown and crispy on top.

2 comments:

Mom of 2 Cuties said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mom of 2 Cuties said...

Posted twice, sorry. Thank you for the recipe, I loved it! I can't wait for leftovers. I hope you don't mind, I posted on my blog. I just HAD to share!