Monday, July 16, 2007

Banana-Pecan Pancakes

A family favorite... inspired by Jack Johnson's Banana Pancakes song. I heard it one day and it really made me have a taste for these. So I found this recipe and it's been a hit ever since. It makes quite a few, so I freeze them, and pull them out in the mornings and microwave. And they still taste good!!
2 large eggs
2 c. flour
2 c. buttermilk
2 c. mashed ripe bananas (4 medium)
1/4 c. granulated or packed brown sugar
1/4 c. vegetable oil
2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 c. chopped pecans, toasted
Beat eggs first, then beat in the remaining ingredients - except the pecans - just until smooth. Stir in pecans. Then cook!
(I hate pecans... so I omit those... but I wanted to give ya'll the chance to keep them or omit them!)

No comments: