Thursday, December 6, 2007

Hello Kitty Cookies (Oatmeal Cookies)

My sister-in-law called me yesterday to get my recipe for "Hello Kitty" cookies. A couple of years ago, my niece and nephew came to my house to make cookies. We made Hello Kitty and Spiderman cookies. They are oatmeal cookies with craisins and white chocolate chips (Hello Kitty) or chocolate chips (Spiderman). I just made a batch of oatmeal cookies, divided the dough in half and gave each of them their own bowl to stir in the extras. They thought it was great, and obviously my niece still remembers the fun we had. So, here's to helping you become the favorite aunt or the best mom on the block.

1 cup butter softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
1 1/2 cups flour
2 cups oats
your favorite mix-ins: craisins, white chocolate chips, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, dries blueberries, raisins, nuts. Any combination totalling 1 1/2 to 2 cups (depending on how much stuff you like)

Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla, mix well. Add soda, salt and flour. Stir in oats. Add whatever mix-ins you want, or just make plain oatmeal. Give them a fun name kids will love, based on your chosen mix-ins! Bake at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes.

Let us know what fun names you come up with for your cookies!

No comments: