Monday, June 4, 2007

Pretzel Salad Dessert

I was shocked to see so few salad recipies! So I thought I better add two of my favortes! This one has dessert in the title but really it is just a great Jello side dish to have. Utah Strattons have tasted this and all loved it!


2 c crushed pretzels
3 T sugar
3/4 c melted butter
1 box 9 6 oz) raspberry jello
2 C boiling water
1 can (8oz) crushed pineapple
1 pkg frozen raspberries
1 carton ( 8 0z) frozen dairy topping (cool whip)
1 c sugar
1 pkg cream cheese
whipping cream ( optional)

Mix together crushed pretzels, 3 T sugar and melted butter. Spread into a 9 x 13 pan, pressing firlmly to bottom and sides of pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 7 minutes, let cool.

Mix jello with boiling water until dissolved. Add pineapple with juice and frozen berries, chill until soft set. Mix together softened cream cheese, 1 c sugar and thawed cool whip. Spread cream cheese mixture over top of pretzel crust, pour jello mixture over top and spread evenly. Chill until firm. I like to add fresh whip cream to the top after it is set.

1 comment:

megan said...

I seriously love this and want it for dessert all the time in the summer... or breakfast.