Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Chicken and Pasta Salad

I got this recipe from Mel and made it for a bridal shower I hosted last weekend. I served it on croissants, but you could also eat it plain or serve on spinach as a salad. This makes great leftovers!

1-2 lbs. pasta, cooked al dente {I used shells, but anything that size will work}
2-3 chicken breasts cooked and cut into bite sized pieces
1 bunch green onions thinly sliced*
½ to 1 lb. red grapes halved*
½ to 1 lb. green grapes halved
2 medium apples diced
3-4 ribs celery diced
1 can pineapple tidbits, drained*
1 pkg. craisins*
½ can cashews or 8 oz. chopped almonds
coleslaw dressing {I used Kraft, but any brand will work}
salt & pepper to taste

Mix together with enough coleslaw dressing to coat. It is best if it chills for a couple of hours or overnight before serving. If you are adding cashews or almonds, add just before serving so they are crunchy. Items marked with an * are always in my salad, the others I add according to my mood.

2 comments:

mel said...

You're making me hungry! This is one of my summertime favs!

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and can I tell you it's an awesome idea!