Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Asian Chicken Salad

Hi, I am Heather. I know the Stratons from "way back when" in the Colleyville Ward. This is my favorite salad these days, my husband even loves it. Its very versatile, I hope it is Lugubrious worthy!

2 Cups of cooked chicken breasts
1 bag or 1/2-3/4 head of lettuce OR 1 bag of shredded cabbage OR broccoli coleslaw mix
1 cup of pecan halves (slivered almonds can also be used)
1/2 bag of Chinese Chow Mien noodles or 1 bag of Ramen noodles broken and sauteed in butter (The original recipe calls for fried won tons, which are fab but I was trying to cut down the calories and the effort so I went with the noodles)

Dressing for Asian Chicken Salad

2 tsp of Mrs Dash Original
4 Tbsp sugar (I have used Splenda before and its just as good)
1/4 cup of oil
4 Tbsp vinegar (I usually use cider vinegar)
1 tsp salt

Add chicken to lettuce/cabbage and set aside. Combine the dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight lid. Shake well before pouring on salad. Next add noodles and pecans. Toss and serve. I just pour the dressing on until its well covered, I don't always use it all. Serve with crusty bread. If you are taking the salad to eat for a church dinner or something, you can mix it in advance and then add the noodles when you get there.

No comments: