Thursday, April 3, 2008

Key Lime Pie

EASY to make - takes five minutes plus baking time and very delicious. I didn't have lime juice so I substituted lemon juice instead. The pie was so yummy BUT I like it made with limes better. Thanks to Teresa from the Winder Stake Young Women's program who shared this recipe with me! BTW: I recommend the graham cracker shell.

2 (14 oz.) cans sweetened condensed milk
2 egg yolks, beaten
3/4 cup Key Lime juice
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 (9 inch) pre-baked pie shell or graham cracker shell

Combine condensed milk and beaten egg yolks, gradually add the lime juice. Fill pie shell with the mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes. Do not allow to brown. Chill for at least 2 hours. Whip the cream and garnish the chilled pie.

Serves 8... (or makes 10 individual tarts)

No comments: