Friday, January 22, 2010

Healthified Crispy-Coated Chicken

From www.eatbetteramerica.com

Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes

1 c finely crushed multigrain tortilla chips
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp pepper
1 egg
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
shredded romaine
salsa (I really like it with Mango salsa, my husband liked regular)
Avocado slices
In a shallow bowl combine tortilla chips, oregano, cumin and pepper. Place egg in another shallow dish, beat lightly. Dip chicken in egg and then chips.
Place chicken on a cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake about 25 minutes until chicken is no longer pink. Serve on a bed a shredded romaine with salsa and avocado slices.
* Whenever I make any type of crispy, breaded chicken I put a cooling rack on my pan and put the chicken on top of it. This cooks underneath and keeps the bottom from getting soggy.

No comments: